Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Right Stuff?

Clearly, we all struggle with stress. I do, which is why this journey to living a life of less stress is so very important to me. In light of living a life for God and his principles, I see my stress differently than just generally "stressed out" ..or, at least I really want to.

I want to find a motivation in creating a home, a marriage, a parent:child relationship, friendships, etc that is wholly set on what God wants of me. I want my life of less stress to reflect him, not me having it together.

I want all those things..really. I know, though, that because I am created to have choices and that I struggle with my human nature every second of the day ..its is hard to keep that motivation where it needs to be.

I do want to not be a stressed out mom. I dont want for my fellow mommies to look at me and wonder what it will take to push me over the edge, or worry that "this" may be it. I dont want to appear harried or overwhelmed to my mom, my sisters or my sweet friends. I want to reflect a sense of calm and balance.

I dont want seem like I have it "all together." ..that is not the point.

I say all that to say that I know, like you I struggle with keeping a proper motivation. What is the point of giving of ourselves to our families, our husbands, our homes, our money? Why do it at all, unless we are trying to reflect what God has done, is doing, and wants to do in all of us? Anything besides is kinna waste of our resources still, isnt it?

It leads me to wonder, if my focus is on the right stuff?

Am I working to decrease stress in my life for the benefit of me, so that my home runs smoother and so that I will keep it together? Or, is my focus truly on working to create an aroma that reflects Christ in my life?

Am I worrying too much about the process of my laundry, and not enough of making time to focus on God's words or His wisdom?

Am I giving resources to things that make my life feel less harried, or to the things that God really wants me to?

Am I focused on the right stuff?

I know I am trying, I know that I want to, I know that I am still way off ...thank goodness for grace.

{good morning ifellowshippers, thank you for keeping my heart open to God's word for the benefit of sharing with my friends today ...I think even doing that helped me see where I need to change my focus a bit!}

4 comments:

  1. Courtney - I'm right there with you, and constantly self-examining. Keeping our head and hearts in the Word helps tremendously, doesn't it? Thanks for the excellent post! Happy Wednesday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that you ALWAYS write exactly what I need to hear, EXACTLY when I need to hear it? Thank you for being open and sharing, inspiring me to consider "am I doing it for the right reason?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miriam ..you are always an encouragement to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a question..."Am I working to decrease stress in my life for the benefit of me, so that my home runs smoother and so that I will keep it together? Or, is my focus truly on working to create an aroma that reflects Christ in my life?"

    Tonight I'm going to make sure I work on the aroma of my home as it reflects Christ!

    Happy iFellowship Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails