I love water. Its my favorite thing to drink ..I would even chose an unlimited supply of water over coffee, which is saying something, because I also LOVE coffee :)
Whenever I am inspired to really focus on my health, my first move towards my goal is to work on a habit of drinking water. Water is essential to the proper function of my body, mind and even spirit. Right now, I am feel especially inspired to being healthy and so I am working on that very habit. A couple of things I have noticed...
* I feel much better when I have gotten the water I need.
* In order to be truly hydrated, I cannot "binge" drink ..I have to do it a little at a time
* I need water
* I didnt realize how dehydrated I was, until I started drinking
Reading this morning, I am reminded about how often God uses water and thirst to describe both our need for him, and his provision for us. He not only gives us good things to take in (like a steak, or a butterfinger :) he provides for us water ... the only thing in all the world that none of us can live totally without.
The things I noted about physical water I can say of God and His water... "
*I more of His Spirit I drink, the more thirsty for him I am ...I have noted this before, and feel even stronger than before that it is true
* I feel much better when I have drunk of His Spirit, and allowed Him to hydrate my soul ..mentally, spiritually, and even physically
* In order to be fully hydrated in my spirit, I cannot just take Him in once a week, or even once a day. I have to constantly sip on His spirit ...making him part of every thought, action and purpose of the day
* I am more aware than ever that I need Him and His Spirit ...I am learning how weak I really am!
* I am often unaware of how much I am lacking being filled up with Him, until I start feeding my spirit what it needs ...suddenly, I find out how dehydrated my spirit is, how I have deprived myself
Scripture is rich with imagery like this ..."..those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling stream within them, giving them eternal life." John 4:13
"The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring." Isa 58:10
"..for you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see." Psalms 36:9
Are you thristy? Do you need to fill up with Him today?
I do too :)