Monday, September 20, 2010

Full of Fruit

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22

 How is that for a great list of "everything we need" (2 Peter 1:3)?! 

I look at that list and I am excited at the prospect that all that is what God has given me as a resource through the Holy Spirit! I dont know about you (though, I could guess ;) but I could use every one of those things to help me fulfill the purposes that God has already presented to me today ..namely, a teething baby who is also three days post 4-month old shots, a three year old who woke up crying, a five-year old that needs schooling, a daddy who wont be home til after midnight tonight, and a house that needs cleaning for an Usborne Book party/Girls Night tonight. Its going to be a busy day! 

For me, I feel more peace just knowing that these things are available when I allow the Spirit to provide it. I have noted though, that stress takes away my ability to seek the Spirit on a minute to minute basis. 

That is the reason that I find it so important to make an effort to find the source of and get a plan for taking away undue stresses. The "noise" of unnecessary stress is enough to distract me from seeking those fruits of the Spirit today.  

Need a little direction for doing that? ...make a Stress List, and then work to apply some Stress Strategies. Above all, remember to give it to God ..He is the reason we are here and are desiring these things in our hearts to start with!

And I need all those resources to be productive and effective for God's purposes today...how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails