Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I have been working on implementing todays tip with great results, especially since starting school this past month.
We have been trying to figure out how to balance the house work with all of us being home all the time, and most of our minutes being filled with school work and prep for school!
After a few weeks, we figured out that getting school started earlier in the morning worked the best. We needed to be sitting down for Table Time (aka, Steedly devo time) by 8am, after being dressed, having eaten and gotten ready for the day.
We learned that doing chores in the morning wasnt working very well ..it started the day off with grumpy kids, and they were often bypassed in effort to get school started early.
So, we moved Chore Time to night time!
Its kinna nice for a few reasons ..
* My kids get WOUND up at night ...even though I am tired, it gives the boys something to put that tired energy towards besides running and screaming through the house :)
* I dont have to clean house after the kids go to bed ..its already done, or close to being done
* Its clean in the morning! ..that is the best part
* It helps us all get up and started in the morning ..its motivating to have the house picked up already
* If we have to get up and out of the house early, its still done when we get home ..not so much if we dont have time for chores before we leave.
Now, I have to admit that it is rough some nights. When either I am ready for them to go to bed or am worn out myself. But, I have to admit that I have never been disappointed when I take the time and energy to do it!
Got a tip to share? ..wanna read some more?! Check out Works for Me Wednesday! ..and/or comment here. We love comments :)
Posted by Courtney at 11:58 PM