Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a little tip

So, I friend of mine has this great system for storing ground meats in the freezer ...


I have heard about it three times this week, and in my book that warrants a share! :)

Alot of us buy bulk ground beef and turkey. Around here, we wait for that magic number $1.99 or less a pound and we jump on pounds and pounds of low fat ground beef.  And, just a couple of weeks ago when BiLo had BOGO split chicken breasts, we all loaded up!

Having meat in my freezer is STRESS reducing for me! :) It also makes me feel like I have managed my resources well, and like I have provided for my family.


Amanda has suggested to several of us, that we take our 1.5 pounds of either browned or raw ground beef/ turkey (or the shredded cooked chicken breasts), store in ziplock bags, and stack them one on top of the other in the freezer. When the meat is completely frozen, you set them up on their side, they are flat as a pancake and store super easy! With them on their side you can peek right in the freezer and see all the meat like shelf of books, waiting to be added to your healthy meals for your family!


Simple, but has taken some of the stress from preparing meals as often the meat is already cooked for casseroles and it is easy to see what I have and need.  It sure works for me!

4 comments:

  1. Hey... that's what I do :) But I don't put them on their side. Yet :P Now that I have an upright I might have to start doing that. Oh... and $1.99 for lean beef is not a price I've ever seen! Lucky ducks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great tip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tip-- thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails