Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Pile.

Ever had one of those weeks when instead of placing each heartache or anxiety before God carefully and purposefully, you just have to shove it all ..in one big pile..to the foot of His throne?

Have you ever been in a place where an orderly listing of all the anxieties of your heart doesnt really work ..that the weight on your heart is so varied that all you can do it pile it up and offer it in a big messy blob?

Yeah, me too.

This week is a hard one for my family ...as my mother in law has suffered stroke. She is a such a precious person to us, and their is much weight that comes with her suffering. We have seen huge improvements over the last couple of days, and so are hopeful of what God will do. But, it bears weight on our spirit and brings heaviness to our hearts in the process.

Along with that, there are many smaller things that can cause a feeling of tension and worry ...despite other wonderful blessings that are clearly ours as well.

So, it seems that this morning as I am trying to rid my heart of things that are already in His hands ...I just have to pile all those little things up, and shove them at the throne in an uncerimonious way ...with an added shove for emphasis as I determine that I will allow God to take care of it all, and that His power and strength overwhelms all of the burden that those things brings to this weak and human heart.

I am reminded this morning of His promise ..."do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace that transcends all understanding will guard your minds and your hearts in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

May your pile be blessed this day ... :)

{welcome ifellowshippers ..thank you for coming}

3 comments:

  1. Excellent reminder. I do tend to collect all my troubles until I can't take anymore ... then I throw my hands into the air and give it all to Him. Because of that, my stress level has peaks and valleys. It would be so much easier if I gave Him everything as it came up, right?

    Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of your mother-in-law. I will pray for all of you! Keep resting in Him!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your pile--even though I have been known to add to it:)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails