Monday, June 28, 2010

Everything We Need

As women, we have a pretty impressive job description. We are wives, moms, lovers, sisters, daughters, and friends. We are cooks, counselors, nurses, housekeepers, guides, teachers, life coaches, office administrators, students..the list goes on and on.

On top of all of that, we have to do it well and for the glory of God...no pressure, right?

We are so blessed to be promised in 2 Peter 1:3, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness.."   


Everything we need!

Then why do we SO overwhelmed so often? Well, I will just speak for me ...I feel so overwhelmed so often! :) There are times and days when I feel that I dont have even a fraction of what I need, much less everything!

Even so, I trust His "very great and precious promises" ...2 Peter 1:4. So, what is happening to my "everything I need"?

The Less Stress journey is all about that for me! I need to discover how to use that "everything" the best way I can.  If I dont feel that I have what I need to accomplish all that God has planned for me, then where are those resources. What has happened to them?

I have three ideas ...

1. I dont think we are fully aware of what our resources are!  ...so we must ask God to show us what those resources are
2. I dont think we realize how we are misusing those resources ...so we must ask God to show us how we are misusing those resources he has given us

and, 3. I just realized the past few days, that the promise that He will provide "everything we need" is related to what HE has planned for us ...not necessarily what I have planned for me!

Simple, but I think we can get caught up in good things, while missing out on what God has perfectly planned for me.  If we are missing resources, then maybe it is because we are using what we have to accomplish the wrong, or not the best tasks for God (even for God!).

I may have planned on the house being clean and the school done by end of day, but God may have a different plan. I may have planned to use my resources to get the bills paid, but God may have a different use of my time today.  Because I am trying to use my resources effectively, but not on what God has planned for me, I am going to feel overwhelmed and stressed.

So, we have to ask that God show us what He has planned for US. Today. Right now.

What has he specifically given us today, to accomplish the tasks He requires of us?

Are you short of resources because you dont know what they are, or because you have misused them on not worthy things, or are you perhaps using your resources to efforts that may be good, but not God-best?   


I will pray for you today as I seek to discover which of those that apply to me the most today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails