Monday, June 21, 2010
Specifically, mental, emotional and physical resources need refreshed often several times a day. Those resources depend so much on what is going on around us, and sometimes we are short to accomplish what God has planned for us because we have used up those resources before we run out of assignment! :)
So, I have been pondering some ways that we can refresh those resources throughout our days ...what can we do to get back some of these resources, so we can be better equipped to meet the demands of our days?
Here is what I have come up with so far ...
First, STOP ..and recognize that you are feeling overwhelmed and needing a refresher (yes, it does need saying some days!)
* a nap ...20 minutes does wonders
* hydrate yourself ...dehydration will sap your energy big time!
* exercise ..I know, I know ..but it really does help
* eat protein ...us moms often take care of everyone else before ourselves
* take a break ...a quiet place for 10 minutes can really help to refocus
* talk to someone ...sometimes it helps to vent a bit
* write in a journal ...a safe place to talk about all that is on your mind and heart
* take a deep breath
* recite scripture ..."Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Phil 4:8-9
* Read God's word
* Reconnect to the One who provides "everything (we) need."
In the midst of our busy days, we are often found to be handing out resources right and left! We cant help trying to juggle everything we have on our plate, and sometimes that juggling exhausts our reserves. With our days of busyness and constant assignment, we can find ourselves weary and unable to tap into that which has been promised to us already.
God created us with limited resources on purpose. He knows that we will run out at some point, and so relishes when we come to Him for that refreshing. If we are striving to use what He has given us for all taht he has called us to, we have to be willing and able to follow his directions for using them ...
Part of that entails..."be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10
How do you refresh your resources throughout the day?