Monday, June 23, 2008

Stress Strategies: Get it DONE!

It occurs to me today, as I am tackling some of my own Stress List, that simply doing SOMETHING about "it" is relieving of stress!

One big stressor for me is my weight - which I dont want to be a big stressor. I want to be happy with my body, the way God meant it to be. I realize though, that while I do need to be happy with the way God made me, He also wants me to take care of this resource He gave me.

So, I am DOing something about my weight, because its not as healthy as it needs to be. I am DOING it for the sake of stewardship of my body. I am DOING it because God would want that. While I am going to weigh, as a sign of my progress, I have determined that I shall not be slave to its number.

So, pick something off your SL and DO IT! Or, at least begin the process. Just being able to say that you are moving in the direction of decreasing that stress, can be a destressor!

And, a thought for today,

"The Lord gives strength to His people. The Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalms 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails