Friday, September 30, 2011

Sink Scriptures

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."  Deut 6:6-9

During this past summer, when I was studying a different passage in depth each week, I started writing the verses of the week above my sink in my kitchen. I have a tile backsplash, and I have found its a great place to write God's words where I will be sure to see them. 

 I used an erasable marker, and use difference colors so some of my favorite phrases and keywords can stand out better. I have noticed that my eyes go to those naturally, so I find myself often recalling the words God spoke to me so wonderfully before and continue to speak to my heart now. 

I want to be more in the habit of writing God's word about my home. A friend of mine told me she filled the walls of her laundry room with pages of scripture so that she was doing her most unfavorite chore she could have something to read and meditate on instead of complaining. I love that. 

She shared with a bible class I was in once one of the pages of scripture she uses. I have it tacked on the inside of my laundry room cabinet so every time I get some detergent out of there I find it and smile :) 

Where do you place scripture where you will see it the most? What scriptures do you have there? 


2 comments:

  1. I found you through Seeds of Faith, and I am enjoying reading through your posts! The kitchen sink and the laundry room are actually the only places I haven't put something spiritually uplifting....and it is right where I need it the MOST! Nice to meet you, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You as well Kelly! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails