It's not a simple as getting the kiddies to the table for math lessons every morning. Not so much.
For starters, we are with them 24/7, day in and day out. That is something.
* Home is the center of action 24/7/365. There is never a point when it is empty, available to be overhauled or square one achieved so to speak.
* Errands are a family event about 99% of the time.
* Grocery shopping and coupon juggling involved everyone.
* If I get time with my girlfriends, it is with the soundtrack of many small screaming voices in the background.
Then, there is the actual schooling part ...
* Math lessons include baby brother's cheerios ..might as well, since he is throwing them all over the place anyways.
* Science lessons may bring us to the refrigerator since only God himself knows the last time we had time to clean it out.
* History is a good subject to discuss while doing laundry, since it has been years since I was caught up on it.
These are not bad things. I dont say them to complain, I am blessed to be here. But to note that homeschooling is part of life now.
Its the lifestyle we have chosen, and I will not lie that I am still working on figuring out how to do it. I am learning that I have to adjust my expectations of myself to fit this lifestyle, and I need to figure out to work within realistic guidelines for me, my home, my marriage and my kids.
Logically, I know that my house is not the most important thing yet it still must have a level of functionality to it. I am with my kids 24/7 yet I must find some time to myself to recenter and focus my mind and my spirit. Each child needs his own personal attention but where do the other brothers go while I do that?
We will figure it out, and we are a little at a time.
It's times like this when I am reminded that like any lifestyle change, it has to be by making small changes at a time. We have to learn what needs doing, and what needs doing now. I need to learn what to give outside of the house, and what i need to hold on to for my and my kids benefit.
We need to fully apply the the full arsonal of Stress Strategies ...Get Rid of It, Get it Done, Get Control of it, Get Over It, Get a New Plan, Get a New Perspective and ..most importantly, GIVE IT TO GOD, AGAIN!
As per usual - when we are called, God gives us what we need when we need it. We need to look for it purposefully and adjust as our callings change...but we have it!
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
This homeschooling thing is a good work girls, may you abound in it today! :)