Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 2: Titus 2:11-13

{"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ will be revealed." Titus 2:11-13, NLT}

Having had such a wonderful week last week of study in 2 Corinthians, I was near giddy to get to start on a new scripture this week for our Women of Grace, Hope, Peace and Faith bible study!

This one, though feels a little more difficult on the toes!

The wording in this scripture is so proactive, so "get out there and do it!".  Last week, we were encouraged to allow our weakness to be overwhelmed with the POWER of grace. This week, grace  is TEACHING us (NIV), INSTRUCTING us to actively bring to life our convictions in the form of rejection of ungodliness.

I love the common sense ...salvation is for everyone (including me!), so you turn away from ungodly things, replacing those with things of God, all the while waiting for salvation to have its pay off with His return! Very simple ..sorta.

Its HARD simple, but simple.

This week, my prayer for me is that I am instructed through grace to recognize the ungodliness around me, so that I am aware of those times when I am called to "turn from" those things. I must fully rely on that power of grace that he promised in 2 Corinthians 12 ("my power is made perfect in weakness" vs.9), because living in this world in" righteousness" isnt that easy of a job!

I pray the same for you, as you live in this "evil world."

Are you convicted by certain ungodliness in your life? ...if you are, then allow this place to be a place where you assert your resolve to live a righteousness life while you "look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of the great God and Savior, Jesus Christ will be revealed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails