Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 3: Ephesians 2:8-10

{For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and its not from yourselves. It is a gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV}

For me, this has been a timely verse to study.  Mainly, because I believe that God has revealed some 'good works' that he has prepared for me to do ..and I MUST remember how works are simply a part of the plan that He has already set in motion when He covered me with grace.

I have nothing to boast about ..indeed! ..the work is only through the faith in Christ that I have chosen, that I have been given grace that has moved me to doing these good things. These good things are nothing without God's grace. 

I am so amazed with the active nature of this 'grace' we are learning about! 

How inspiring to consider how our faith in Christ leads us to the blessing of grace, which then leads us to a life of good works created for us by our Father! ..it resounds so beautifully with the 'power' of grace we learned about in 2 Corinthians and the 'teaching' we learned about in Titus!  Through faith, we have grace that gives us power (2 Cor 12:8-10) to say 'no' to ungodliness (Titus 2:11-13), and frees us up to do the good works he has prepared for us to do (Eph 2:8-10)! ..what a wonderful order of things!

If you would like to join about 100 women (not quite, but we are close) on a study of these wonderful words of God, please join us at Women of Grace, Hope, Peace and Faith on Facebook. We have already learned SO much, and would love to benefit from your insight as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails