Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bring It.

It is one of those mornings, that I am hardly out of bed and I feel like my "everything I need" is already sapped up and run out.

We are all passing around a stomach bug of some kind, which may be the reason the baby was up 10 times last night. Then again, it may be the 7 teeth he is apparently trying to cut at one time. Hubby wasnt feeling well, but needed to fell better because he has a full day of clinical (he is in nursing school) and work today. 

At one point, I was in bed smashed between a three year old who was cold, a fussy baby and said sleeping husband. While there, I was having to feed baby, warm toddler, let hubby sleep, and was being screamed at by the cat to be let out.

I started feeling a bit sorry for myself.

I started in again when my 6 and 3 year old alarm clocks didnt get the message that mommy didnt sleep much last night and could use a bit of extra rest, when they were awake before 7am due to the time change.

This morning, their little voices arent sweet, they are grating. Their antics arent cute, they are annoying. Their requests arent a chance to serve, they are taxing, and my attitude needs an adjustment..clearly :)

I kinna feel out of resources for the day already.

So, I am taking a really deep breath.

I am using you (do you feel used?) to get my head, heart and spirit in order. I am calling on the gifts the Holy Spirit gives because I need each and every one of them this morning ..."love, joy, peace, patience (this may be my top request), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness (#2) and self-control." Galatians 5:20

It is one of those days when my resources certainly feel less than other days, but yet my "everything I need" is still promised. My tasks are still mine, and will be amply supplied with the resources I need to complete them to the benefit of His glory.

Deep breath, coffee, some God time and we are good to go. Bring on this day! :)

Whew ..thanks, I needed that :)   Praying for a great day for all of us ...all of you resource sapped mommies, especially :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo... I can't imagine having kids AND the sickies. I'll be thinking about you today and praying for physical AND spiritual health for you guys. And hopefully that you'll get a nap sometime, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I hear you! Those are tough days. I just prayed that God would fill your house with healing, peace & joy!! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails