Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All that we Need

A favorite verse that I find much comfort in these crazy days, is in 2 Peter 1:3.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by tho own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world, caused by evil desires. "


I am so comforted and driven by the idea that for all the things I feel so necessary to be and do, in order to be the wife, mom, friend, sister and daughter I feel like GOD wants me to be, he has given me EVERYTHING I NEED to do those things.

I think that we get so overwhelmed filling all these roles, that we often are left feeling less than provided for in these areas. We know we desire to be all those things, but feel like we just dont have enough of us to go around.

I have contemplated this for a while, and here is what I have determined ...

1. God HAS given us everything we need! (brilliant, I know)
2. I am not always aware of what He has given me to accomplish His tasks
3. I often misuse those things he has given me to accomplish those tasks

For me, as I have asked God to open my eyes to how he has fulfilled that particular promise in my life, I have seen amazing ways he has already prepared me for my tasks at hand. I have realized that I really do have a pretty full toolbox of resources that He uses specifically in my life to accomplish all these worthy things I desire in my heart.

Over the next few posts, I would like to look at a couple of things ..namely, what are our resources? and how am I misusing them?

I have written on these topics before ..but as God continues to teach me and open my eyes, I have been so encouraged by these new thoughts and I hope I can share them in such a way to do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails