Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Little Rest

{"But these I plan will not happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely
the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, 
do no despair. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!}
Habakkuk 2:3

I have been in a transition over the past several months. Its the good kind, where God is actively moving me from one place to another. Both were/are good places, but change is always a bit hard. 

I feel like God has been clear about some things, so much so that my heart aches for the time when all those things come to pass. I want so much for those visions to be fulfilled, and those good things to take place. I know they are coming, and my heart is ready for it. 

It seems though, that His timing is not my timing. And that is okay. I see that God has a plan that he will work out in his timing, and so for all my wanting I want it to be that way.

So, I want to wait for a bit. 

I want to quietly trust in his timing, and not work so hard to make it happen in mine. 
Part of that is that I need a little rest. I need rest from the things that distract me from the purposes he is preparing me for. I need to use my mental, emotional and even physical resources to prepare for the road ahead by resting and waiting for now. 

There is a bit of relief in the decision to rest, more than I would have thought. I didnt realize how I was forcing something that wasnt God's plan and his timing until I decided to simply submit to it.

Now is rest time. Quiet time. 

I will be taking a break from blogging for the rest of the year. Assuming God's timing allows for it, I will be back the first of the year. 

May your holidays be blessed and the anticipation of the plans God has for you be inspiring!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you & so blessed by your comment with that perfect verse! May God give you the rest you need as you wait on Him!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails