Monday, August 8, 2011

In a Whirlwind

I am reading a book right now called, "Between Waldon in the Whirlwind" by Jean Fleming. Its an older book..and I havnet read much of it because I am in the whirlwind she talks about.

Right now, this whirlwind is a flurry of physical, emotional, mental and situational craziness ...leaving me feeling like I must reach out for something stable and real and hold on until it passes.

This are natural times, a part of a cycle that comes with living an abundant life for God.

Its times like these when certainly we must evaluate what things we need to give up, if there is anything that we can let go of for the time being. We need to be honest about what we can delegate and what things we simple do not have the resources for.

Often, though we are in the midst of the winds that come from change, from Spirit movement, from circumstances that simply cannot be avoided for all our organization and planning.

I am there now, with many of the things I know God wants of me colliding into the need for focus and attention to all of them falls at the exact same time.

Its at these times when the promise of provision, for having "everything we need" becomes the most real and the most desired to be truth.

From the midst of my whirlwind, I am reminded that God promises us that he is "able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  2 Cor 9:8


That promise is assuring, as I plant my feet and prepare for the wind to die down.

Maybe you are in a whirlwind right now as well?  Here are some things I am learning as I stand inside my own ...

* I truly have to evaluate if I can give anything up or away. As there is such a strain on my resources I have to honest about whether this whirlwind is one that is a natural result of my good work, or if it is a natural result of my not managing my resources well.

* I need to be okay when I can't do it all ...I am three weeks behind on my Women of Grace blogging, it has to be okay with me. I am working on it ;)

* I must stay in contact with the ground ...while everything else is spinning, I must remain connected to the first foundation. I must read, pray and remember who I am riding the whirlwind for.

* I must take advantage of every momentary lull in the wind - steal quiet moment when I can to recenter, reground and refocus. 


May your whirlwind be a blessing and a result of your abundantly blessed life. In the midst of it I pray that you are made more aware of God's grace and provision, and that rest from the wind will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails