Monday, April 25, 2011

Less Stressed Dinner: Sour Cream Enchiladas

Okay, this is one of my favorites. Its my go-to recipe for when I gotta feed alot of people and its one of two things I make/take/freeze when I feed other families. Its WAY easy, cheap and is super versitle ..all characteristics of a Less Stressed Dinner :)

{Sour Cream Enchiladas}

2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken or 1lb of ground, cooked beef 
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can diced green chilis
1 cupish cheddar cheese 
12 flour tortillas

Combine all the ingredients, except cheese and tortillas. Grease/Pam a 9x13 baking dish. Using a large spoon, place two spoonfuls of filling on each flour tortilla; folding them with both sides to the middle, then placing them face down in the baking dish. Make sure to reserve a few spoonfuls of filling, and spread over entire pan of folded tortillas. Spread cheddar cheese over top of tortillas and filling layer. 

At this point you can do a few things ..first, you can pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until everything is bubbly. This is also the point that I take it to people, or to a large gathering, or when I am cooking the night before I can put them in the fridge. When its time to eat, just pop them in for 20 minutes and you are set. 

You can also stop here, put some saran wrap on them, then some foil and place them in the freezer. I found it works better to have them thaw first, then 350 until bubbling.

Any way you do it, its a winner every time :)

I dont have any awesome pics for you today ..but picture cheese and creamy stuff :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Thanks for posting the recipe! I loved these when you made them for us in our newborn days and never got around to asking for the recipe. Now I can make them all by myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails