One thing that we can look at is what peace is not ...
- Peace is not pretending that everything is "fine" ...because things dont have to be "fine" to be at peace.
- Peace is not something we can achieve on our own ..its a gift of the Holy Spirit. Its a result of having Christ in our heart, not what we do or dont do
- Peace is not "having it all together" ..because you can be at peace even when things around you are going crazy
- a result of our perspective that God is bigger than everything we see or experience ..its trusting that God will work it all out ..Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
- a result of allowing the Spirit to reside in your heart ..Romans 8:6 "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."
- something that is achievable in every situation, in all things ..Philippians 4:12 "...I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
- a feeling that comes from bringing all things to Him Philippians 4: 6-7 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- affected by our thinking "...Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things... And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9
- considered a blessing and gift in scripture ..Psalms 29:11 ..."The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."
- One of the most precious blessings to pray for someone else ..."The LORD bless you and keep you; 25 the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." ' Numbers 6:24-26
Do you have an aspect of peace that you would like to share?