Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 10: Colossians 3:15-17

{"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you were called to live in peace. And always be thankful.  Let the message about Christ, in all its richness fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all with all wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts and whatever you do or say do it as a representative of teh Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God."" Colossians 3:15-17}

I let myself get a bit behind on posting for our Women of Grace bible study this past week! My perfectionism dictates that I post something for this verse that is well thought out and inspired ...But, I have to tell you that I just dont have the resources to catch this one up right now :) 
I will say that this scripture was a wonderful reminder to allow the peace that is part of who we are as Christian women to permeate everything we do and say...and do to it in a way that is thankful.  Ever thankful.

The thankfulness/peace connection has always been a fascinating connection to me. Our human nature is so inclined to forget how we have already been blessed and cared for. Being thankful reminds us of exactly all the ways. Peace is a natural progression when we recall how he has kept his promises all along. 

I also love who that peace is meant to encourage and uplift my brothers and sisters in Christ. My peace is not simply for my benefit. It is in order to nurture that bond of peace that we talked about in Ephesians 4:3  ..."Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."  

We do that only by being thankful no matter what we are doing or saying, letting the peace of Christ fill us richly. Wonderful challenges with wonderful promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails